There are times where I feel like I am not doing much. In reality, it's a little bit of lots of things that are working toward something bigger, but it becomes such a blur. That's how this approaching April is feeling. As usual, the year is going by way too fast: the projects I want to accomplish are not as far along as I would like, I wanted to have my taxes done back in February and I panic as I see the year rolling by and not getting a proper start on my children's book. I like to let things happen, but sometimes a little bit of a guided path is necessary.
With the first quarter of the year being done, I think I need to acknowledge what I have accomplished so far:
- Applied for an international art residency
- Applied for the West Elm/Minted design challenge
- Applied to be a contributor to a new magazine
- Opened a shop on my website in addition to my Etsy shop
- Ran my first giveaway
- Nearly completed my redesigned wholesale line sheet
- About to have my work in one new store
- About to have my portraits in a wedding guide
- Close to launching my travel paintings
- Close to launching my tote bags
So this brings me to a public to do list. If I let you know what I am doing, I will be far more likely to do it. I made a public list at the beginning of the year, so here's another one.
- Complete drawings for my Shelter show
- Edit and add ALL custom portraits to my website
- Deep dive into the rest of my taxes
- Shoot stylized photos of my art prints and their packaging
- Order business cards and postcards
- Write to stores for wholesale (past and potential)
- Print my first few tote bag designs in April
- Sketch and write one new page for my children's book
- Finish a few Skillshare classes
- Add more designs to Society 6
- Try out Spoonflower
Some of these items are ongoing, but I definitely want to accomplish most of them in the next month!
What do you need to get done?